The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here is in absolute love with this movie? When it first came out, I didn't tink much of it other than it was going to be a cute little chick flick. It was awesome. Definitely made me rethink my lack of cooking style :D

Any other fans?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I just saw it last night. I really liked it! And yeah-made me realize that my cooking skills leave much to be desired =)

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just saw it last night. I really liked it! And yeah-made me realize that my cooking skills leave much to be desired =)
I think as long as you don't kill anyone in the process, you'll be ok:lol:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think as long as you don't kill anyone in the process, you'll be ok:lol:
haha very true! I've had a few experiences where looks are deceiving. For example, I made a lemon meringue pie a few weeks ago and it looked so beautiful! But on the inside... yeah.
But I haven't killed anyone yet. :wink:

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I finally rented it on Pay per view. Loved It! I love to cook and I knew most of the names of the people she was talking about. I thought it was really funny that Irma Rombauer hadn't tested all the recipes in the Joy book. I've used that book for years! My old standby had always been Fannie Farmers Boston Cooking School Cookbook.
Now I feel a real need to have Julia Childs book as well. If I can just get past all that butter! :lol:

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Embrace the butter, Maureen. I thought it was going to be a movie that I would simply have to endure since Jody and Amanda did the pay-for-view on Dish but I actually thought it was OK - (for a chick flick :wink:).

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally rented it on Pay per view. Loved It! I love to cook and I knew most of the names of the people she was talking about. I thought it was really funny that Irma Rombauer hadn't tested all the recipes in the Joy book. I've used that book for years! My old standby had always been Fannie Farmers Boston Cooking School Cookbook.
Now I feel a real need to have Julia Childs book as well. If I can just get past all that butter! :lol:
Be careful because the cookbooks are in a very old style(more reading material than cookbook), and they are in the full 7 volumes and each book is huge.
After I saw the movie, that was the first thing I did, go look for the actual books but it was ridiculous. Might be something you like tho :lol:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I loved the movie, so did Don. Since I do enjoy cooking and feeding people, Don suggested that I do what Julie did. Personally, I think the man has ulterior motives and they concern his tummy! Can't bake something for a friend without making the same thing just for him!

·
Registered
13,166 Posts

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
I saw it and loved it! I definitely went home after I saw it and made garlic-y ham macaroni and cheese with a whole stick of butter. Hahahahaha it was wonderful. Totally worth the $4 that I spent to watch it.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
... and you see a problem with that? :wink:
This cracked me up! Read it to Don and his response was, "see, perfectly normal." You guys are all alike! :roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.