The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.

I was curious if anyone had recommendations for actual jumping saddles that would fit a shorter rider (I'm 5 feet tall with a 28 inch inseam.) Most of the saddles I've tried have been too long in the flaps or too forward and put me in a horrible position.
Any recommendations/ suggestions would be very much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
13,880 Posts
Find the saddle, seat and twist that is comfortable...
Then have the manufacturer modify your saddle flap length to fit your leg...
If a saddle can be made with longer, more forward flaps why not shorter and tapered?? :think:
If buying "used" I would ask a saddle repair shop if what you need is possible... I would actually bring that particular saddle to be seen and evaluated before paying for it in case the answer is "won't work".

Happy shopping...
:runninghorse2:...
jmo...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually have looked into that, for some reason (I've tried saddles modified for people my height) I always get pushed into a chair seat. I'll probably wind up having to go a fully custom route unfortunately. I've heard there are some brands that fit riders my height, but nobody could name any brands or models. Thanks for the advice though. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,880 Posts
I just spoke with my friend, a "older" h/j trainer and rider.
She said to check the County line of saddles, some of the older Passiers may work for you too.

What size seat do you need?
I can relay that to her your needs...you never know where a saddle could come from!
Do you want used or only new???
:runninghorse2:...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Horselovinguy. I'm looking at County saddles on Ebay to get a feel for them.

Apparently my saddle search is coming to an abrupt halt. The horse I was looking at fell through, so I won't bother looking for a saddle until I have the horse in my possession. I was really hopeful about this one though, oh well it'll all work out in the end. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts