The Horse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s Mr. Pistol. You can really tell that he is fluffy when you look at those cinches! 🤭
I sure do wish I could get rid of his hay baby. But that is the way it goes when you have to feed low quality hay to keep them from gaining weight sometimes... he is still my handsome boy.
He gets a good winter coat. Always has.
I threw Mav’s saddle on him today. They have similar backs, Pistol’s is just narrower and I don’t have one narrow enough for him right now but I bought a pad the other day that helps. Would try to find him a new one, but for as little as I ride Pistol (once or twice a month in winter, up to 2-3 times a week in summer, always at a walk and occasional jog, maybe a brief canter once in a while) I think he is happy enough with the pad to help instead of spending another $700. I think the pulling collar looks nice on him even though it’s a bit large for him.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Your dude is just so cute! 😍 I love the bright colours you put on the boys ❤

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a few more pics of my guy today. The work in the halter has definitely helped soften him up and he was much softer today than the last time I rode him in a mechanical hackamore. We went out and rode out to the nearby church and back home today. It was fun, and I think both of us were feeling good after. It was a beautiful day for it. He has grown so much more confident over the years, it makes me really happy. Moving cars were no issue to him (we didn’t encounter many, it is a quiet road, but he handled the few we saw like a champ)! Maverick getting shocked by the electric fence at one point was scary though, LOL. I did not ride him far into the church parking lot because for one I am not sure if that is taboo and for two I had concerns about the possibility of him pooping there.

He also handled a very steep hill by back home by the house very well. He’s always been my careful and sure footed fella, when he isn’t being bored and meandering around like a big heffalump. We also took a long trot and sometimes canter around part of the pasture for us to both get some exercise. It wasn’t much to him.

Reactions: AbbySmith

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
He is freaking adorable! Also, totally coveting your lack of snow lol!
Also, you changed your profile pic!! It looks good!! (y)

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He says thank you! And yes, the weather is warming up here, it got to 65 F today. He is shedding at a rapid pace. Hair is everywhere. Lol

thank you!!

Reactions: AbbySmith

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Lol! I love it when the animals start shedding! I always think that summer is just around the corner when in reality, it's not gonna be here till at least June lol!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts