The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at the ranch last night and what I sat there and watched made my blood boil. Every night the ranch manager and his wife and family sit out at the ranch and get drunk whilst they ride their horses. fine. OK, but when I saw his 300+ pound wife on a child's' pony, I about threw up. She would bounce on his back and the horses back just bowed and his legs were spread far apart like he was bracing himself from collapsing. Asides from that, she was riding him in a leverage bit and would out of no where yank hard as hell on his mouth to turn. No warning at all, just a hard, forceful pull as hard as she could. The ranch has horrible conditions as well. One of the pens has chain link fence curling up from the bottom of the pen and I saw the horse get its leg stuck in it multiple times as it struggled to get it free. I'm almost positive animal control cant and wont do anything about it...sigh....I'll shut up now. :-(

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Why do you ride there if it's managed so poorly? I certainly wouldn't want to be financially supporting people like that, they might get the hint if riders just start up and leaving...

Who owns the place?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have never been to a riding barn, my family has always had land for our horses, but I have a question. OP you said this was the ranch manager and his wife acting this way, where is the ranch/ barn owner? If this happened on my property I would defiantly want to know, especially if they were an employee of mine.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
25 Posts
Call immigration? Jokes aside, if you bother AC enough, they eventually have to do something. Get some friends to report them. As far as the race thing, I have to admit I have seen some **** ranches and some good ones. The **** ones usually did have Mexican hands that treated the horses very poorly, but it's still not something you can solely ascribe to race. I've seen white people treat horses cruelly as well. I've seen Mexicans that blow me and fifteen like me away in ridership, bonding, and teaching. Not that I'm any guru, but I know some stuff. Lol. Wallotext end, all I have to say is do something. Silence gives consent.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Just because it is a different culture hardly means that your barn and its workers make up the majority of "mexicans".....

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
You're making excuses perhaps because you are afraid of being called names or people judging to conclusions.

Not all mexicans are bad, but if they ARE being bad you need to bring it to Animal Control's attention. What if they get so drunk that they leave the gates open and the horses run off? Then it would be your problem.

I second not supporting this type of atmosphere with my hard earned money. I'd fear for the safety of the horses if they find it OK to carry on as they are doing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ugh, im sorry you had to see that. :'( Lucky you didnt blow your top at them or anything.
What goes through some peoples mind.. I will never know.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Actually I'm not making any excuses. Animal control has been called. Nothing has been done. Why must you assume I'm stating that all Mexicans are bad. I'm sorry, but I see nowhere where that was said. This is why I did not want to elaborate more on the "Mexican" thing. People just don't understand the Mexican culture where I live. I'm afraid of being called names? Sorry, but I'm not 12 lol you made me chuckle

·
Registered
17,077 Posts
Excuse me while I re-quote you.

I live in a very poor, Mexican populated area. Need I say more? :p
I agree it is no excuse, but it is different culture and well...you know...rather not get deeper into that issue because I don't want this thread to go crazy off topic.
This implies you were toe stepping.

I merely talked about the elephant in the room. I didn't assume you felt that way about them, just merely stating fact. Sorry dear but the one that assumes in this situation is you.

Also I'm glad you called Animal Control but I'm not a mind reader so I was just putting fourth my vote to contact them.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not here to argue. As I see more of it than actual help on these forums. I'll be the big one here and stop feeding you. Thank you for your input.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.