The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very excited... just put down a deposit on a very cute 6 month old APHA filly... she is a sorrel tobiano, very cute headed under her winter fuzz, and moves very cute.

I had posted earlier about breeding Whiskey, but this little girl lived right down the road and they were just about giving her away... so I took a look. She is a very late baby (june 26) and Easily Smashed and Gallant Ghost bred... very friendly cute little thing.

Brand inspector is coming next week then I will bring her home. Cant wait to play with the baby:D pictures coming as soon as I get her home.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get to pick her up on Tuesday... we think... depends on when our brand inspector can come out. I am glad I have a few days to get ready for her arrival though... it's been a long time since we have had a baby in the barn... I need to get to the feed store and get some grow colt and some more wormer... today we will move the panels around and give her a quarantine area...

She'll need to stay quarantined for a couple weeks - the owner's horses look very healthy - but she's young and I don't want to risk exposing my two to any viruses... I am giving her the end stall that opens into the larger pasture, so I can move some panels to give her a good run off the stall, and leave my two in the smaller front paddock so they can't touch noses.

Coincidentally - I had sold a gelding I didn't click with to her owner a few years ago - small world, huh? Apparently he was sold to a youth who is showing him APHA a few counties over.

She isn't perfect, and I am looking forward to bringing her home and assessing what exactly I have, but for 200.00 (yes, 200.00!) for a cute, regular registry with good bloodlines - not great, but good - I think I scored big!

Now for all the baby work - I have to dig up my "Bringing up Baby" book... it's around here somewhere...

Reactions: CecilliaB
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.