The Horse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2nd of 3 horse shows last weekend. Not only did we rock it, but I recieved two amazing compliments!!

#1 we rocked both the ridden and in hand trail classes. We placed first in both classes (in hand out of 15 and ridden out of 4). After the ridden class the judge got up and walked all the way across the ring. She says "I just wanted to come all the way over here to tell you good freaking job!" But, that wasn't the best part! After everything was said and done she went up the the registration booth, where an aquantience of my was working, and she made a comment about how obvious mine and Skippy's connection is. My friend, who knew skippy as a lesson horse before she was mine, proceeded to tell her that Skippy was a one person horse and that I'm "her person".

#2 I was riding to warm up after all the in hand class had finished. Nothing crazy, just a good long trot, some long and low loping, counter canter departures, etc. As I was exiting the ring a woman stopped me and said my horse was a beautiful mover. That she looks so effortless, like she was floating! I told her out whole ordeal with the navicular and getting her sound again. She was utterly shocked and said she looked wonderful. I prefusely thanked her and told her she didn't understand how much that meant to me!

Those two compliments were better than ANY ribbon I got that day!

Pic is from the last show

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course I only told my SO to get videos in my horsemanship, pleasure and command class. I wish we had a video of my trail classes! I'll post one, just have to load it to YouTube... If it will cooperate!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Congats!!!

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok here is the pattern for horsemanship. We got 3rd of 4 because my witty mare swapped her lead! I should of held her instead of relaxing on her. My horse is too smart for her own good!

And the video...

Not too bad for backyard kept and no trainer!

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
What wonderful compliments to receive and congrats on your placings.

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
Awesome job and you two look awesome! I borrowed that pattern, I love practicing new ones. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome job and you two look awesome! I borrowed that pattern, I love practicing new ones. Thanks!
Thanks!!

The pattern was pretty challenging for us. My horse "extended trot" is her normal trot. Sometimes she can get a bit quick and won't stop nicely. Slow to extended and back to slow again is something we have to work on! She is also pretty deadly leaded, so the counter canter was pretty huge for us. I should of held her in it better!

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Very nice, congratulations. I'ts always nice to get complimented on your hard work.

Reactions: JCnGrace
1 - 14 of 14 Posts