Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
That first one is way cool!

This is what my black mare looks like when she sun bleaches:

These pics are awful quality. The first was taken in intense direct sunlight so it's a bit washed out and the second was taken in a dark stall with my cell phone. The pattern is much more obvious with the naked eye. I'd get more, but when my horse isn't bleached she just looks like a normal black. I'll have to wait until later in the summer to try again. ><

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think on this forum somewhere there is someone who owns a real brindle horse.
Technically my horse is brindle... if you see the terrible photos I posted above. The ABEA classifies her as a "seasonal brindle". She is only brindle in late summer and fall when she is sun bleached enough for the pattern to be visible. Two summers ago her coat looked like a brindle great dane. However, when she's not heavily sun bleached she just looks black.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Is the second horse posed a black/white pinto with the silver dapple gene? I have always loved dapple gray horses and was really sad when I found out that it's only a stage horses go through on their way to being white gray. Seems like a black with strong silver dapple gene coloring is almost as good and doesn't fade away :)

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
He is indeed a silver black and tobiano. Silver black can dapple up beautifully, but it is very seasonal. The difference is that you get the dapples back almost every year :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
That first one is way cool!

This is what my black mare looks like when she sun bleaches:

These pics are awful quality. The first was taken in intense direct sunlight so it's a bit washed out and the second was taken in a dark stall with my cell phone. The pattern is much more obvious with the naked eye. I'd get more, but when my horse isn't bleached she just looks like a normal black. I'll have to wait until later in the summer to try again. ><
Thats a black horse? Good god. lol Body pics?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.