The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What people think of riding drafts? Do you find it neat to see someone out there riding a draft horse? Do you think they look better english or western? Are they more enjoyable to ride? What do you guys think?
I would say for me personally i love to see the drafts out there riding and i love to see my friend riding this big percheron saddleseat. I think it looks so elegant. To see those highstepping horses out there (those that have sotches on) and to see the power they have. I hope to be successful riding a family friend's percheron gelding this summer. So what expereinces have you guys had?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I love to see them being ridden. I had the pleasure of trail riding a TWH/Belgian cross a couple of times. He was very comfortable, and very smooth. Not to mention one of the most beautiful horses I've personally laid eyes on. He was ridden western.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I would love to own and ride a draft one day. I think they look better english.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
i think drafts are great! my barn owner has owned several belgians and they've all been great. we've had a clyde or two come in as well. i'd love to see a percheron in our barn some day... :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
I love watching my BO ride her Shire. She does dressage with him and it's just an awesome sight to see. Our other two Shire/Percheron crosses have been ridden both english and western and I can't say that I like one more than the other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.