The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted a before and after for him before, but he looks even better now and I thought I'd update. It always completely blows me away to look at these pictures. I'm so proud of this guy :D

Kainne is a big handsome bay TB gelding. He's 13 and is roughly 16hh+ (man do I need to stick this horse already)a

He was obviously neglected. I can't give many details because I don't have them for sure, all I know is that when I brought him home he was ratty, very thin, and wormy. He was pretty lethargic and didn't have much personality to him at all.
Here he is in late June of 2009. I had had him for about two weeks before getting decent pictures for some reason, so he had already started to gain a bit of weight if you can believe it.

And here is is just today (mid-March of 2010). He's most definitely come out of his shell. He's big, friendly, forward, and lovable. He's very athletic but gentle and careful and he loves to please. We're going to do lower-level dressage :D

He's an absolutely wonderful horse and I'm very excited to be working with him. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow Great Job! The QH gelding (Nino) in my pics, was a rescue as well. I will have to post some before and after pics for you guys. He was approximately 200 or more pounds under weight when I got him. He is now very fat and happy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts