The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before every lesson,Kalypso has to be lunged(during the winter that is). So today i had a lesson. Which was good. Before that i let my trainer lunge kalypso. So took some videos of him being crazy.. only in the beginning hes crazy.. then he settles down.

I am filming.. and my training is lunging him. Please ignore the people talking in the background.

Let me know what you think...

My Videos :: lunging video 1 video by Nyhorsegal05 - Photobucket

My Videos :: lunging video 2 video by Nyhorsegal05 - Photobucket

My Videos :: lunging video 3 video by Nyhorsegal05 - Photobucket

Thanks

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I didn't like how she jerked him around in the last video. Don't know the horse though, of course.
But I think it was pretty unnecessary. Easier to get a horse to come down when you're not yelling at him too. I find If I lower my voice and ask for a "whoa" in a calm, soothing voice the horse is more likely to come down. When I'm using the tone of voice she'd using I'm asking for the horse to GIT up. Not come down.

Just my observations.
Lovely looking horse.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Aww, someone's a little spunky. He's cute. My horse just did that first bucking farting canter thing with me yesterday out trail riding. It made for a lovely ride. (smile/eye roll) I posted a story about it called Ode to March on the story forum if you need a laugh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts