The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys do, or sports do you play to keep in shape for riding?

i dont think ill have time for a sport in high school, because of the long practices 6 days a week. but what activites do you guys do to keep in shape?
id love ideas!!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Walking is really good. I know it doesn't seem like much but it really helps your legs and really your whole body. It's really good for you.
I've started doing this thing where I powerwalk all around my stable's property carrying my saddle for extra weight, hahaha
It seems to help!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well, i do bush walking, bit of jogging, stable 'chores' (their fun!), riding itself and bit of bike riding. :)

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Barn chores! They are one of the best ways to keep in shape. Strength training and cardio all in one.

and RIDING. haha.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Pilates and stretching!
Core strength is really important, especially if you've got a thin, short-wasted build like me. Your lumbar spine takes a lot concussion from things like sitting the trot, landing from a jump, or working around the barn, so having strong and supporting core can save you from back problems in the future.
Flexibility is something I can't stress enough. You can build all the bulk you want, but if your muscles are tight then you can't use them! (I laugh at those body-builder guys who can't rest their arms at their sides!)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not to be the off one, But i do cross Country running, Martal Arts (Judjitso/ Kempo)!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.