The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres this one barrel horse- that I know white SMB's or polos would look amazing on. How would you go about keeping white smb's or polos clean while running? or is white just not a good idea in general? :p

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Ideally you would want to put them on right before your run and take them off right after. Then clean them ASAP. Maybe even bring a bucket of soapy water/bleach with you and toss them before the stains have a chance to set in.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
My friend used to put baby powder in/on hers after cleaning once they were dry. She said it seemed to help because they were usually so full of baby powder that the arena dust had nowhere to stick, plus the baby powder made them sparkly white. I guess it worked because her white SMB's were always WHITE.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My friend used to put baby powder in/on hers after cleaning once they were dry. She said it seemed to help because they were usually so full of baby powder that the arena dust had nowhere to stick, plus the baby powder made them sparkly white. I guess it worked because her white SMB's were always WHITE.
Love this idea.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Elbow grease. That's what keeps them white.

OxyClean really works great, as well as just general stain remover. I don't use a washing machine; I use a bucket of warm water and a brush and my hands. Seems to work the best.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I love white, like at home I have white furniture and white sheets and everything, but I can never keep white stuff out of the home clean. Can't wear white clothes.

I used to have a white saddle pad for shows and would just keep it in a bag until before the class, put in on, ride, take it off and wash it when I went home. The other ideas are good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.