16,204 Posts
Reactions: Allison Finch

· Registered
23,909 Posts
Here we go...

Attachments

· Registered
9,608 Posts
I can just hear that pony: "Will you relax? I got this! Relax! See, I told you I got it. Geez."
I don't know, the final shot of the last sequence, that way that poor little pony has his eyes closed makes it look like he's wincing at the 45-lb boulder that just crashed down on his back. What a trooper though.

· Registered
3,917 Posts
That first picture was posted on FB, and I LOLed so hard.
Posted via Mobile Device

· Registered
6,386 Posts
So cute Sooooo cute!!!!!!! I Looove the one with the kid in his shorts and boots on the little mama mare! :lol: Precious!!!

Not funny, but cute shots of my baba. PS: she ALWAYS rides in her purple riding helmet, these are quick yard shots we had ahold of her until we snapped the photo! Taking photos of E and Cowboy this weekend in all his new purple tack! LOL And yes their halters are on because we are leading them ;)

This is Cowboy and her after I rode him for a couple hours! He's new, 14/15 year old Quarter Pony! Last night he followed her around the pasture lowering his head so his nose was on the ground so she could scratch between his ears, man where is the camera when you need it!

· Registered
2,021 Posts

Attachments

· Registered
6,386 Posts
Different era isn't it, Allison? How any of us kids survived without helmets and shoes I'll never know! LOL! Those are Priceless!

Reactions: happy123

· Registered
16,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maple, great photos! I love the pony checking out her next project!!

Flygap, I shudder to think about what a hellion I was on my ponies and horses. How any of us survived has me stumped.

· Registered
7,132 Posts
TOO CUTE!! This thread reminded me of a book (that I'm buying) that I heard about this week and goes along with these pictures. It's called:
The Farmer’s Wife pony Sampler Quilt

http://www.amazon.com/Farmers-Wife-Pony-Sampler-Quilt/dp/0982910479#_

Book Description

Publication Date: 2011

Introduction
In the early 1900s the Webb Publishing Company created The Farmer's Wife Pony Club, inviting children to join and compete for prizes by selling subscriptions to The Farmer's Wife magazine. The grand prize was a Shetland pony with bridle, saddle and often a carriage. To satisfy skeptics who doubted that a child would receive a pony, the editors asked the winners to send photographs of themselves with their ponies. Many of the children also sent thank you letters along with their photographs. These endearing, poignant, and sometimes hilarious, letters provide a unique window into the lives of children in rural America in the early 20th century.
Book Features
Directions for making 90-8" blocks to complete a queen-size quilt

90 letters from the Lucky Pony Winners, along with 100 year old photographs

I didn’t know that people would let their kids bring their Shetlands into the kitchen…or into the drug store.
Just thought I’d share. =D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.