The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 24 rides in on my long 2 yo. She has been amazing! Tonight I rode her in the pen and in the pasture and introduced her to the cattle. After knocking off the fresh I opened the pen and before I got to take her outside four old cows came in so I took advantage of it. We pushed two head out then, went outside and rode around a couple ponds and groves of trees. We then returned to the pen and she pinned her ears back and ran out four more cows as we went out the gate she broke into a lope.
We worked more outside then, went back in the pen (60' x 100') and closed it up. Practiced pivots (both front and rear) , side passed, did roll backs and just stood several to relax and settle her mind (let her soak). She has had very few half hearted bucks and has a real good head on her. Next time I ride in a couple days or tomorrow I will have my wife take a few pictures and post them. Glad I decided I had one more filly in this 69 yo body, it's been a great ride!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sounds like it's been a great ride! Congrats! Sounds like you are starting her right, and she's enjoying her journey as well... I hope you post pics of her soon! And you're an inspiration for me starting my young un:)

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
That's great!
Just my opinion, she will be so fun to work with if she finds purpose with cattle!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know she tickled me tonight. She always has had a good attitude but, when I pulled off her saddle and bridle she stood for a few minutes. Then walked over to the gate and hung her head over just watching the cows and looking towards the creek bottom. I'm sure she enjoyed this evenings ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.