The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just thought I would introduce myself and let you all in on my little bit of a back ground regarding my horse and my self.

We (Hewi(horse) and I ) are from the beautiful state of queensland in Australia. I am 27 yrs old and am loving this new life that I have created here . I recently purchased a OTT TB Bay- 5.5 yrs gelding ,16.2 hh. He is such a beautiful young man with so much potential - and we are learning together - hence what brings me to your forum (insert big happy and proud grin here) lol.

Alittle about Hewi- he has a lovely soft nature and gentle mouth supprisingly :shock:, he has no health issues from what I can see but am yet to get a vet out to him as money is a little restricted for now. I am learning alot about hewi as each day passes- he is a big sook when it comes to spray bottles and noises that are of a squeeky nature but wont budge a bit when there is big jet fighter planes above (he is agisted near a raaf base). Although he is quiet and almost cuddly by nature he tends to be quite 'hot' if given anything other then lucerne and grass. Maybe this is typical of a racehorse - i have tried everything that I can think of that is 'cool' by nature to suppliment this boy of mine to no avail.

Ok so a little about me - I come from the country areas of queensland and am living in a city area. (culture shock)...I am finding that although people here are generally ok natured they are not really like the people back home - they dont help each other if something goes wrong or if theres soemone struggling in general in the street (not homeless but just to carry the shopping etc). :cry: Im pretty much a begginner in the horse world- although when I was younger i had a bit to do with stock horses up until the age of 10 or 12 maybe.. so yeah def a beginner. Hope to gain some valuable insight, meet new friends and learn a heap of great things from some really knowlegable people with my time on this forum. Talk soon.
Tan :wink:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Welcome!

It is a shame to hear that the level of friendliness is lacking in the city. I am sure you will find many new great friends though!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I am happy to meet you and look forward to hearing more adventures from you and your new boy! Susan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts