The Horse Forum banner

Ladies, It's SHOWTIME! *Picture HEAVY*

956 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Country Woman 
#1 ·
Some pictures my Mom got at our HS Equestrian Team Meet. To avoid a novel, I'm not going to go into detail about how all my events went. (Most of these are standing still so there's not a huge amount to critique, so avoid it if you can, but I won't hold it totally against you if you want to comment on my horrible position and god-awful english seat in the later pictures)

Anyway, this is my little mare Selena before Grand Entry:

Standing in the Grand Entry line next to a friend of mine and her three year old mare (Good friends, was glad she was there because it being Selena's first time after her spazstic history of randomly exploding you can imagine I was pretty nervous)

Nowww here's the dreaded english shots (YES I WAS WEARING MY GAMING BELT BUCKLE....SO GUILTY :oops: But my black belt broke on me and that was the only one I had [Rules say if your breeches have belt loops, you HAVE to have a belt through them...] sooo. Desperate measures...)

One of me with my grandma

Actually in the test for a brief few pictures. lol

Leaving the arena.

Anddd here's two of me and Bailey on the gaming/cattle event day. Not a day I'd really like to talk about, didn't go too well....All my fault of course, wasn't in sync with her.

That's it. I had some of Ruger playing with some toys too but I can't find them :/

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
Awesome pics! What is a team meet? Where you're holding a flag, we don't have anything like that around here, is it like a judged event? It looks fun!

Its not really a widely known thing. It's popular in Oregon and Washington where Equestrian is a High School sport. I don't know if any other states have them. Oregon established theirs in 1993. The flag was just before Grand Entry, when all the teams are introduced. Each team will write a little "story" and their team will ride in together. Typically someone will be carrying their school flag and the flags will stay in the middle while the state and american flag go around for the national anthem. All announcements are made at that too. It's like the opening ceremony to the whole event. It's not judged, but it is fun to go in with your horse all decorated! It was my little mares first time and I was seriously worried she was going to kill me but she did great! (Besides picking up the wrong lead but I fixed it before it became too noticeable I hope)

Here's the video if you want to see it:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.