The Horse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am new to the forum and was wondering what kind of feed back I can get on my 17yr TB Gelding. He did have, what my vet referred to as one of the worst cases, lyme disease when he was about 6yrs old. He was treated and since he does, and I was told always will, test positive and have a higher titer than others. Recently he was having the same symptoms, tired, on off lameness but not head bobbing or easy to tell from where, ripple his back when you brush him and another horse who is the only other one in his field tested positive for lyme. My vet did prescribe Doxy for him but the lameness is still there after being on it for like 2 weeks. The other night though we took off his saddle and longing him and he was beautiful to the left and a little off to the right [under saddle with a rider he was horrible both ways] and now it looks like he is just not extending his shoulder? He does go crazy outside sometimes running and bucking an having fun so could he have pulled something or maybe a saddle fitting issue although it seems fine? Just worried we are missing something.

·
Registered
12,001 Posts
He could have developed arthritis, made worse by the Lyme.

I know a person that had Lyme severely as a child and she is now 30 and has pretty bad arthritis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts