The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I’ve have these two horses since 2005. Every so often I have invested time into trying to figure out who there are so I was hoping someone on here who could perhaps have memory of the times as vague as the details I have are 😕
I’m hoping to start out by figuring out who the original owner was so that I can potentially find all the registered horses under this person and maybe by process of elimination find my horses.
So the relevant details; I know that my mare (10-13 y/o at the time) and her at the time 3-5mo old foal, came from a very large purebred quarter horse breeding operation based out of Alberta Canada. The original owner of the breeding farm had passed away, leaving all his assets to his brother, who decided to liquidate the entire operation. The brother did not bother to send any of the horses with papers, even though every horse on the property had been registered. He sent them all down to a 2005 auction in Alberta, Canada. I am fully aware of the likelihood her foal had not yet been registered but the purebred broodmare I picked up was at least 10-13 at the time of her sale, and would definitely have papers somewhere. So I realize as vague as these details are I’m hoping someone will know of the farm that liquidated in that area that year. Even a farm name could help find the initial owners. Long shot I know, but I’m starting to become very frustrated with how no matter how much I refine my online searches, farm closures are not what comes up, but hall of fame horse deaths are which gets me no where. Much appreciated xoxo

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.