The Horse Forum banner

Last Of The Mustangs

1303 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Red Gate Farm
I was inspired to create this as a reminder of our wild Mustangs who are disappearing at an alarming rate. I am a professional photographer and I used several of my photographs with horses, mountains and textures and layered them in Photoshop. Once I had what I wanted I made some virtual paint brushes and did some painting and deleted most of the photographs. It took a while but I now have this as a large canvas in my living room. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,723 Posts
I DO like it!

But, our mustangs disappearing? Not sure on that. Thought ther were so many the BLM couldn't keep numbers down.
Yes and no. This is in constant debate, but many of the "excess" horses they are needing to collect are from HMAs they have either decreased the number they decided to allow there or from HMAs they have zeroed out. I heard there are over 100 HMAs that the BLM decided to remove all horses from leaving no wild horses on those ranges, and instead leaving holding pens over flowing. Other HMAs have been thinned out so much that the genetic diversity is being called into question.

As to the painting - lovely!

· Registered
1,687 Posts
What a beautiful picture. Would love to have something like that for my house!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.