·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
From your other thread..

1. What is a reasonable price for an on-farm lease/half lease?
Half leases can be a anywhere from $0-$200. Really just depends on what is included in the lease, and what bills you are/aren't responsible for.

2. What is basic lease etiquette? I don't want to accidentally breach some unwritten rule
When you talk to the horses owner, there should be a written contract that you and the owner both sign, and if you have any questions, DONT hesitate to ask. Again, every lease is different.

3. When someone asks what "level" rider you are, is there some specific criteria for beginner, intermediate, and experienced that I'm unaware of or is it pretty subjective?? I never know what to say...so I always end up writing them a novel about what I have and haven't done.
I am like you on this one. I just explain to them my experience, and what I am good at, ect. I dont really like to 'grade' myself on what level of rider I am. Because I am very good in some areas, and still need work in others. So it can be pretty hard to judge.

4. Anything else I should look out for/be aware of? I know I should read the agreement carefully, and be very clear about what is expected from me and what I'm responsible to pay for...anything else?
Make sure if you have any questions, to write them down on paper (just so you dont forget!) and ask them all before you sign anything. Make sure to re-read the contract, and if you have any questions, ask. Even if they may sound 'dumb'.

Hope I helped a little.:lol:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That does help, thank you for the response!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
You are welcome! If you have any other questions, just ask. I am leasing a mare myself right now. =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.