The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We hear alot about those lovely purebreds but lets see those pics of your crossbreds especailly the "odd-ball" ones. This is riley, he's a very characterful wee lad and a complete show off. runs around the field with his tail over his back snorting as he goes. He's my horse of a life time and the biggest challenge I've ever had! excuse his tail he needs it wash to be honest but with the temperture it will become icicles!

comes on guys!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Here is my boy I have no idea what he is I have heard Lippizzan, Lippizzan QH cross, Appy QH cross, tennessee walker QH cross, but I have no idea whatsoever. His skin is pink with "blue" marbling in some areas and he has little brown spots on his neck. the last picture is of him wet to see his skin. but he is all white when dry.

if anyone has an idea let me know haha

he's dirty in this picture

Attachments

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Phantomcolt- he definitely has Appaloosa in him. Mottled skin in an Appaloosa trait, and when he's wet, you can even see his Appaloosa color pattern!

There is a thread in the Genetics section about two "special horses." Take a look at that thread, because there is a varnish roan Appaloosa that looks a lot like your horse! :D

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Any horse can gray out if it has the gene for gray. Gray just modifies whatever color the horse already has.

But I think the varnish roan appaloosas have a different "thing" going on. In other words, I think the turning white is a result of the Appaloosa coloration rather than the gray gene. I don't know much about Appaloosa genetics though- I will be the first to admit that. :lol:

Maybe post him in the genetics forum and see if you can get some color experts on there. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Such nice horses!
I have to share Jake with you guys, when I purchased him as a colt I was told he was an Anglo Arab and that he would mature to 17 hh. Well he made it to just under15 hh, but there is no doubt he has arab in him. He is pastured with a for sure Anglo where he lives now, and they are identical in every way, so just maybe....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.