The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ohh, thats such a cute picture! Well, it doesn't snow here but it does get really really cold!

Copy of Photo-0047.jpg

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Ugh, Rissa, I hate you LOL. Your horses are so pretty.

We don't get that pretty snow around here anymore so I have to settle for a pic of when it was really cold. It only got to a high of around 3 degrees all day that day and the wind chill was below zero.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All those pics are beautiful. I love the first sledding shot, great action look on the sled rider. I still don't have a Christmas hat for MY horse. Every year I say I am going to buy one but can't quite bring myself to spend the 20 bucks or so. I must be a scrooge :)
Pretty sepia tone close up. I should try that with a photo.
Smrobs, you are the quintessential cowgirl.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
^Thank you!
The little butthead didn't want to go in the deep snow "Its too cold!" haha. But he is such a good boy!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Juniper,
I just got a regular old $2.99 hate from the grocery and cut some ear holes in it. i also made small cut in it to put the halter strap through it. worked great!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
miranda 025.jpg
another picture of my horse and I this winter. We went riding that day because the temp got up to 20 whole degrees

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wren, that is too clever. I am going to dig out the box of the kids old santa hats and see what I can create. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Haha... You guys are going to hate me, but here I am a few days before Christmas. I started out with a jacket on but started sweating so I had to take it off...

I don't remember what the temperature was that day, but it was 81 today. I went trail riding bareback and went swimming in the lake... so much fun :D

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
This is such a great photo!
I need to dig mine back out. I put them on disk

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
This is such a great photo!
I agree! And I love your avatar Juniper. Makes me want to move to Montana. Or, thanks to CloudsMystique...Florida! :D

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks! The downside to living here, besides long winters and icy roads is you have to drive long distances to get anywhere. Not too convenient.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts