The Horse Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I was cleaning my tack room and had to move a bag of AG lime, the bag ripped open and spilt on the floor. Now I’ve got the challenge of cleaning it up without getting it on me or my tack. Plus I have no water at the shed 🙄

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just got back from a trail ride, the group was 9 horses but we split up. I was with two ladies and my dad. I rode Jake, Dad rode Daisy, ‘At rode Fozzy, ‘B’ rode Chika. For the first hour we just walked and then did some trotting. A has back problems so had to get off her horse Foz because he has a big jarring trot, dad and A swapped horses. There was a fairly deep crevice that we were going to try jump over but we have never jumped Daisy before so we all got off and walked through the bush around it. Towards the end Dad and I on Foz and Jake cantered is a long up hill trail which was really nice. It was a fairly long trail and Jake cantered most of the way apart from a little transition back to walk to change leads. At the end of the ride all the horses were dripping with sweat but still had enough energy to play with each other. We then had morning tea near the floats and told stories. The saddest was about one if the girls who used to ride with my group, she was doing an endurance ride and her horse bolted, she hit her head on a low branch, got knocked off and died :( also at the same place there was a huge storm at a camp with 200+ horses, a tree fell on the fence and ALL the horses got out. It took two days to find them all and a few of them were so badly injured they either had to retire or be put down:( when we got back we washed the horses and they both had a roll. Next time I might ride Daisy or Fozzy. I first learnt to ride on Foz and he is now 20 years old. It’s really funny watching him trot and gallop from be hind because he’s an Arab and he sticks his legs fairly far apart. It’s too hot to do anything now so I will just chill out

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I’ve only got 12 days left on the farm, only 13 days to find Jake agistment in the city:( I really don’t want to go back to school, I’m really nervous because I wasn’t at school for most of last year due to Covid. I don’t know how I’ll handle 10 weeks in the city because last time only after 1 week I was home sick. I’m going to try make the most of the time I have left here. I’m also not sure how Red and Daisy will be if I take Jake away to the city and he’ll only come back every few weeks just for a few days. The start of the school year is so stressful

·
Registered
977 Posts
Totally agree. Farm sunsets are the best. Sunrises are even better. I feel so alone. Just me and the beautiful world lol!

·
Registered
977 Posts
That looks so good! I can't say I've ever had sushi! Lol! I love fish and chips though!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Today I didn’t do much. It was too hot. My brother and dad went out to the bees and spilt them so now we have 13 hives. Tomorrow I might lunge and maybe sit/lay over Red. Since I don’t live here permanently I haven’t been able to finish Reds training. He’s a great boy though so he should be fine. I added a bunch of plants to my fish tank and as a result I had and algae outbreak so I put a tiny piece of algae block in, it worked but also killed my fish called Fooshie:( The instructions said the algae block was safe for fish. So now I have to go and catch a new fish from my dam. I might redo my tank while there’s no fish in there. If it turns out ok I’ll post a photo. It’s a small tank (50L) so I’ll only put one fish in.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts