The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Yeah, that was "looking for excuses" video and comment. I think it would be much smarter of her just ignore the rumor and act like nothing happened. I had fun going through some comments though.... While generally PR is a good thing, I'm not very positive this type of PR will make people to buy Parelli's stuff.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Let's think about what really happened here. The owner brought a horse that he couldn't handle to a respected clinicians wife. The clinicians wife did her thing with the horse and helped the owner work on the horse as well. In the end the owner was happy, the horse was easier to handle and had not been injured or abused and is now a nice riding horse for the owner. I don't know what better outcome you could ask for. Even if you don't agree with what happened in the video (I think alot of you are not watching objectively) the outcome was good for the participants involved. I am confident that now the owner doesn't need to whack his horse with a metal clip when backing his horse so whatever degree of discomfort the horse experienced has been over for years. After watching the other two videos that come before and after the original video I am even further convinced that what happened was fine. I wouldn't have done it quite like she did but it worked and now all parties are happy. If you don't like it don't do it but more right happened there than wrong.

P.S. I still don't like Parelli but I hate to see someone unfairly demonized. Critique all you want but do so with your emotions under control.
I think respected clinicians wife is a really good statement. :lol:

Just wondering how that training made a nice riding horse for the owner? No sarcasm here, but what she does in no way seems to help with riding.

P.S. No emotions at all, btw. I still think trainer loosing the temper is the biggest no-no for MY horses.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I also don't see where LP lost her temper. She used alot of force and she was concentrating but I don't think she lost her temper at all.
From the way she's moving and her gestures she is getting more and more nervous and unhappy. I've seen trainers working with the difficult horses. They are very calm the way they move, even when they are very firm to the horse or horse freaks out. Most of them also still keep smile and deep breath. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.