The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could look at my geldings linage and tell me if he has a bunch of thoroughbreds in his blood?

Solid Choice Okie is by Top Catalyst and out of Bilt April Fool.

I know his dam personally, short tiny little thing. I hear daddy wasn't much taller.

But this guy is sticking at 15.2 as (almost) three year old.

Horse Mammal Bridle Vertebrate Horse supplies

Horse Bridle Halter Mammal Horse tack

Horse Stable Sorrel Mare Liver

(In the picture with two horses, he is on the right.)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Presuming you've seen this?

Solid Choice Okie Paint

Looks like a primarily QH lineage to me.

BTW, my daughter would go off her rocker for the blankies in the bottom pic - she has leg wraps in the same design as the horse on the left. ;)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope! Ha. I didn't even think of looking at allpedigree.... Hmm.. Lots of QH and a few paints. No Thoroughbreds in sight right there.

I just can't figure out how he is growing so tall... It won't be long before he is over my head at the withers.. Dx

All of my horses, except for my moms minis, are sporting the zebra theme. My mom didn't get the memo that it was zebra this year. lol!

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
I have a qh gelding that stands 16.1 His dam was 15 hands and sire was 15.2

I hate this picture of him because every time I look at it the rear leg he has rested looks like it's attached to the other rear leg and I always think "what the heck?", but it shows his build better than any other picture I have handy access to on the computer. I'm also standing uphill from him.

His bloodlines have some thoroughbred further back but not up close. Sire and dam were a lot stockier built than him. Genetics are a funny thing and you never know when the genes of a long lost relative are going to show up. LOL

His pedigree
Adams Moore Chet Quarter Horse

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I have a similar situation. My mare is a smidgen over 15 hands. Her sire was 14.1 and her dam 14.2. It's neat, sometimes you get those curve balls.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.