The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just became aware this brand of feed is now available in my area. So far I have only heard good opinions and they seem to have feeds for each of my needs..Tell me what you think and know of this company. Currently feeding nutrena. Would it be worth the switch?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
373 Posts
I LOVE LMF! I fed it to the TB I owned at the time when I lived on the West Coast. He was a hard keeper in heavy work and with a combination of several of their products I kept him looking great. Friends of mine also used other products for easy keepers with metabolic issues and were similarly pleased.

I wish LMF feeds were available where I live now.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I know a lot of people that really like LMF products. I looked at them when I was selecting my horse's feed, but I was put off that their ration balancer ("Super Supplement") has barley and wheat as the second and third ingredients. It's the only ration balancer I've seen that contains cereal grain, which I prefer to avoid.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
LMF keeps some of their information hidden so it's not easy to find out. For instance, calories per pound, and NSC values on their "non low starch" feeds. Triple Crown is much more open about what is in their feed.
But my horses like the LMF feeds and I like that they have some low starch options available. The food seems to be good quality and I was happy when they started having it available in my area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts