The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some pictures of Duck when I first bought her that I want to share with you..

Then:

Now:

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Love the picture of her in the puddle! I love to watch mine out on worm patrol when it's raining. Is she a muscovy?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Oh wow she is gorgeous! I love ducks!! ^^

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
She's adorable!!! :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the picture of her in the puddle! I love to watch mine out on worm patrol when it's raining. Is she a muscovy?
I think she might be. I bought her from the markets for $10 and didn't ask what type she was.

·
Registered
112 Posts
naaaw!! That reminds me of my chicks (no, wasnt a duck, lol). We had a hen sitting on eggs and one egg didnt hatch but we cracked it to see if the chick was alive. It was but she was very cold and wet, covered in blood and cheeping quietly. We put a heat pack in an iceream container and a blanket over top and the next day she was as happy as larry!! The mother wouldnt take her back so we ha 2 hand raise her a a few weeks (we got her a friend on the second day for compony). Now they are both about 6months old and they are both out in the hen house, INSEPERABLE!!here are some pics :)

When they were little fluff balls (Polka is the yellow one, the one that we hatched out of the egg and Geronamo is the browny one which we found out later is actually a girl as well)
Polka & Geronamo (14).jpg

When they started getting feathers...
chickys 010.jpg

Polka and Geronamo a few weeks ago (so cute lol)
chicks 034.jpg

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awww...I have hand raised 3 chicks. I recently got one in the weekend before christmas that was hatched by a duck. Her Mum laid the egg and then lefted it, the duck hatched it and then she was given to me.

This was her when I first got her. She is getting her feathers and has figured out how to fly onto the couch, she just sits there with everyone minding her own business.

I will have to get some more recent pictures..

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
OMG chicks! I used to raise chicks and ducklings with my grandparents during the summer. They are so cute I love to see what they look like once they mature!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I love ducks, not so much chickens. Do they act more like dogs when you raise them from chicks? Id love to be able to be near one without it trying to bite me.

My biggest worry would be predators. We have alot of foxes in the area.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think the chickens act like dogs. I know the duck does..We live in town a bit so the only trouble we have is cats and dogs but once we move into a rural area we will have to be careful of snakes.

Can you get fox proof or dog proof fencing to keep them out? I doubt that would work though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.