The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I just bought one and love it....but I did make a HUGE change. The stirrups that come with them are DANGEROUS AS ALL GET OUT shoes get stuck in them really bad!!!!. I changed mine out with english leathers and the break away irons....otherwise I wouldn't use them at all. I am trying to get my "seat" back so I thought it would be good.

Yesterday I had a fall with it...a dead broke horse spooked and went bronco on me and I decided to bail, the band in the breakaway iron broke so I am feeling very happy I went that direction. It could have been much worse!!! Oh and it turnout the horse was stung by a wasp...poor horsey.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the concern guys, this is only going to be used as a "sacking out" device so she does not have to worry about the horses she trains attempting to roll or knock the saddle on the side of the round pen while getting used to the feel of stirrups flapping around.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Ahhh I use mine for that too, but I also ride in it when I want to work on my seat. I will keep my eye out for one. I got mine on Ebay for 30 but I havn't seen any going lower than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.