Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes! I read the ad. Ad is posted below.

"Miniature Mare-----Dixie is a Beautiful Brown/white Paint Mare. She will be 2 years old May 2010, and she is around 31 inches tall. It is a possibility that she is pregnant by a Black/White pinto. So, the foal will be stunning. I was going to hold on to her until after she had her foal, but there has been a change in plans. She is friendly, but still needs work. She will lead, tie and stand to be bathed/brushed. She will need more shots around April/May 2010. Her hooves will also need to be trimmed soon. I am asking $325.00 OBO for her. Price is negotiable. I just want her to go to a good home. If interested, please call [phone number]. Thanks.**The picture was taken a couple of months ago. The only thing different is that her coat is thicker.**"

Dude, I really want to rescue her from her ignorant owners. I'm making a call to my mom to see if I can help. BRED AS A YEARLING >:/. Anyways what do you think of her and how much should I offer?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
As harsh as it may sound, even free can be very expensive. A maiden mare at that age, and a miniature on top of that may be a very expensive delivery.

If you feel the need to own this mare, and I can understand your feeling, I wouldn't spend more then $100.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As harsh as it may sound, even free can be very expensive. A maiden mare at that age, and a miniature on top of that may be a very expensive delivery.

If you feel the need to own this mare, and I can understand your feeling, I wouldn't spend more then $100.
I know what you're saying. I want to tackle a problem I may not be able to handle. I don't think she will take $100, unfortunately.

Bump!

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I'd take $250. Go in expecting that you may be spending a lot of money on vet care. I would have a vet handy (real handy) for this one. Her frame looks way to delicate to be bred right now, and on top of that she's still a baby. Her owners deserve some kind of punishment for that.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, and the sad thing is we can't get her out of that situation. My mom and I talked it over - and we don't have the funds for vet care if theres issues. If anybody in my area knows anybody who has the time, & money for her, I'll get you the links and phone numbers.. or even my own!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I've looked at her a few times and talked to the owner.. But I don't think she will negioate to much on the price and she has had her on there for a while now..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thats sad the some people are just careless with things like this!! =/
hope she finds a BETTER home! =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.