The Horse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Grab It mat pullers and they're ok-ish. The EZ Pullers are worthless with the big heavy mats we use. I heard something about a puller that tightens down, sounded almost like a C-Clamp or Vise type thing. Anybody have any recommendations?

·
Registered
14,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Thanks Lori! I bet the C Clamp ones would be great. I'm gonna go see if I can find some in real life to look at and handle before I buy. The mat pullers I've had are all plastic, not real sturdy and don't grip well. The EZ Pullers were the worst.
I have the EZ pullers, they slip a lot. And, what happens next? You got it, you're on your butt.

Reactions: RegalCharm

·
Registered
6,880 Posts

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
Like cowchick, I use two sets of vice grips. They never slip, you get a good grip and you can use them for other things around the farm.

Reactions: LoriF

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I take a large drill bit and put a hole in the center edge, then when it's time to move them, just hook it with a hay hook and off you go. Been doing this for years, the holes never tear and they don't cause anymore seepage than you get in the seam between two mats.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Here’s what mine look like... the flat side is perfect to slide under the mat, and then the teeth bite into the top. I have no idea where these came from or what they are called....they are obviously not new......and may have been left here, or back in Texas🤷🏻*♀

Attachments

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I found these at Lowes. Gonna go look at them this afternoon.
Yep, them are The Ones. Get two of 'em.

I have a pair of the pricey plastic rubber mat grabbers from BigR (I think); they are barely acceptable if the mat is dry, and worthless if it is wet. The vice grips hold, and don't let go until you release them. The ones in the foto are easy to grip as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts