The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a gelding, 15 hh or more. Something with a little life, but calm enough to lead my young grandchildren on. Preferably quarter type horse. Does not have to be registered, just sound. 5-15 years old. I live in Upper Michigan, so hopefully something nearby. Was looking toward purchase next spring, but would consider purchasing now, if the right one came along. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still looking for a gelding, close to upper Michigan. Preferably 16 HH. Looking for buckskin, Appaloosa, or paint. 5 to 13 years old. Sound. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Great! Let me know if you email or text them and if your interested!
Yes I did and he did respond. Looks like a very good horse. Seemed to be a bit winded when he was cantering, and did some tail swishing, but I suppose he hasn’t been ridden in a while. I’m still thinking about that one, thank you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
FB has multiple groups designated for those in the UP and Northern Wisconsin to buy/sell horses. Search "Yooper Horses" and "Upper Michigan Horses" on FB and join those groups. If you are willing to drive south of the bridge, Gaylord has a big auction coming up on 9/11/2021 - "Northern Michigan Livestock Auction". A couple of pintos and an appy are already advertised on their auction page.
Thank you. I have joined these groups.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
This one’s a beauty. Just trying to find out where Erskine is.
I am going to see this one next week if he is still available. I’ve been in contact with the owners and they have two people going out next Tuesday who have first choice. He will probably be gone by the time I even get to see him. Thank you though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.