The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a pony, and I have searched everywhere and cannot find the perfect pony for the life of me. I was wondering if you guys can help me - either if you know of a pony that would be right or if you by chance come across something on a website that might be of interest to me. Here is my criteria:

I would use it for a trail horse, bareback pony, just around the farm fun pony. But, as my criteria states below, it does not have to be ready to hop on. I am experienced and willing to work with horses.

Sex: Mare or a mare in foal
Height: Around 13 hands or a bit taller - 12 hands is too small and 14 hands is verging on too big
Color: Paint, palomino, black, or some cool markings. Blue eyes are awesome and a major plus, but definitely not necessary.
Temperament: preferably with some energy, does not matter how high energy or hot they are
Training: Broke or not broke, does not matter how much training they've had or not had - I will work with whatever I have
Location: In Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, northern parts of Missouri, some western parts of Illinois, southern parts of Michigan, etc.
Price: I don't have a lot of money to spend. $500 is my absolute limit; however, cheaper is ALWAYS better for me.
Rescue and project horses are fine as well!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Why don't you consider adopting a mustang? Once they are trained they make EXCELLENT all-around horses and training them isn't hard if you have experience. They are a blank slate which is pretty nice and you can get very inexpensive mares with foals or mares in foal. Or a combination of the two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.