The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, I'm trying to look up info on our morab mare's pedigree. Her sire was Windance Poseidon, AHR 252374. I'm hoping some of the arab people here might have some information.

Her dam was a morgan, Paraders Misty Morn, AMHA 93369.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Sire:

Windance Poseidon
Not a huge amount of info on him...

Dam:

Paraders Misty Morn Morgan
I'm seeing some inbreeding or something in the dam's side. Or at least I think that's what I think I'm seeing. Notice how flyhawk is there twice... Same with the brown falcon... I'm not sure if this is normal where he was bred, but its looked down on in Ireland. But... Different countries....
All breed pedigree is very good for this sort of thing ;)

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
The sire is most likely not bred by, but of Al Marah lines.
Welcome to the Official Al-Marah Website
If you Google the sire's sire,AM Sea Captain, you should find lots of info. His dam is missing ancestors on allbreed, if you have papers for your mare, you can fill in the missing ones and we can look into it further.
Ohhh, and pics are needed, of course...;-), although I can pretty much imagine what your girl looks like

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have her half-arab certificate. It lists her sire & dam, but that's it. For coming up on 26, she is in AMAZING shape. I was hoping by looking up her pedgree, I could see if longevity (sp) was known for in her lines

Attachments

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Oh my goodness I love her!

What do your Morab registry papers say, or do you just have the half Arab papers.

Jericho Creek Farms were the first folks heavily involved in the Morab registry in Wisconsin. Morab Farm Tour-Jericho Creek Farms -International Morab Breeders Association

As with many things, there ended up being a split of the registry, with a new faction started somewhere further south (can't remember where).

I got my second Morab registered with the Wisconsin group but that was way back in the 80's, when all I had to do was send pictures.'

Anyway, you're in Nebraska so, there's a good chance someone at Jericho Farms might recognize some names on that Doll Face's papers, if you'd care to contact them.

They were always wonderfully helpful whenever I spoke with them:)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy Biscuts & Gravy!!! Did you see that stud fee. He must have been an impressive stud!!!!!!

I can tell you she sure doesn't act her age. My son rode her today & after about 10 minutes of walking, he asked for a trot & she tried to buck! She hasn't been ridden for about 10 days & she was full of herself. Lunged her for a bit & she was back to her well behaved self.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.