The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I'm saddle shopping and have all but decided on the Tucker Horizon Wanderer for my high-withered paint and my big butt. Most of what I found here on Tuckers is a decade or more old. I believe they overhauled the line within the last decade, so I'm looking for updated opinions.

Other brands on my short list are Steele and Specialized Saddles, but I'm leaning heavily toward the Tucker because of the lengthened bars for weight distribution, the short skirt relative to seat size, and the roomier seat. My biggest priority, of course, is the fit on my horse. I plan to send whichever saddler I go with wither tracings or a fit kit if they offer one.

Anyone have experience with a newer Tucker saddle, particularly Big Bend or Horizon? What about Steele or Specialized?

edited to add: my budget all in is a hard line at $3500, so that knocks out some of the higher-end custom saddlers.

·
Super Moderator
14,753 Posts
I don't know when the acquisition happened but Tucker is owned by Circle Y, the parent company of many saddle manufacturers.
If that helps you at all in gathering information I'm glad I shared.
If that muddied the waters, then sorry.
I know nothing about Tuckers nor have any personal experience with them either...

:runninghorse2:...

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I ride in a Tucker River Plantation saddle. Mine has an 18 in seat. I love this saddle and found it used for a steal of a deal. I would try some of the regular tack catalogs as Tucker's may fit differently. I ride a high withered walking horse. My husband rides a tube with legs and rides in a Circle Y saddle. He must use a non-slip pad or the saddle will slide a little.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, both of you! I decided to just get him a custom Allegany Mountain Trail Saddle. The Tuckers are gorgeous, but I'm going to be patient and have one made since it's not much more expensive, and I won't have to drive myself crazy worrying about fit ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts