The Horse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently been teaching myself how to draw realistic horses, as the ones i used to draw looked like terrible cartoons and im after some pictures. I like drawing horse heads but when it comes to bodies im just terrible! The pictures on google images just arnt clear enough for me, or dont suit what i want to draw, so i thought that some fellow horse people might help me out.

Im after any body shots as long as they're on the side, show all four legs and are clear. Also, any shots of horses walking on the side would be great!

Also any head shots would also be good, but please not front on, i tried to draw a horse front on and well... I tore out the page :lol:

Be warned, my drawings will probably be messy and not very good, especially body shots, but thats how we learn :)

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
how about this one? :grin:

I'm practicing my drawing too, do you ever have trouble with the eyes? Because I can never get them right.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, ill have a go with him. I can usually do alright with eyes, unless they have lashes, its the legs that always get me.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing that i drew looks like a weird cartoon horse-cross thing, i definitly cant draw bodies!

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
It's okay! Practice makes perfect. :D I'm not all that good at drawing though.

Do you draw dogs? This is my GSD, you don't have to draw her, I just thought I'd post a pic of her in case you wanted to. :) I have a lot of pictures of my horses in their profiles if you want. :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive never drawn a dog, and i dont think id go to well on one, but id love some horse profiles please :D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, ill have a go with some of them :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts