The Horse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting back into riding (English) and I'm looking for short boots to shoes to wear. I ordered a pair of ARIAT Women's Scout Zip Paddock Paddock Boot since they zipped up, but the zipper will not go all the way up. I have high insteps and now I'm wondering what boots to get. I don't really one anything that ties. I saw an article about riding sneakers but cannot find any online. Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jill

·
Super Moderator
12,914 Posts
Ariat has riding shoe type- similar to hiking but different tread and has a definite instep so your foot shouldn't slide through a stirrup. You can also look at hiking boots but you need to pay attention to the tread and instep.

·
Super Moderator
14,987 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...

Is the zipper just sticky and binding or are teeth missing cause that is a different cause and reason...
Try candeling the zipper....zip down to the zipper bottom...now take a old candle stick or wax and gently rub some on either side of the teeth.
It might give you enough slip the zipper can come all the way up to close properly.

As for paddock boots with zippers...
There are a bunch of them on the market in many price ranges, manufacturers and slightly different style.
This place had 14 choices of paddock boots with zipper closure, more than I realized existed and they are paddock boots including the style you have mentioned... https://www.ridingwarehouse.com/Womens_Paddock_Boots/catpage-ZIPPADDOCK.html
With a foot that needs special consideration, you truly need to try on to find the comfortable pair for you.
I have just a plain foot that can fit in most anything, but still certain brands are more comfortable on than others...
Try-on time I truly think it is...
And of course we have...https://www.amazon.com/paddock-boots-womens/s?k=paddock+boots+womens with 414 choices of boots, some lace-up, most are zip or jodphur {elastic sides} boots...
My goodness there are a lot of choices, far more than I realized. :|
So, happy shopping or finding a resolution to your sticky zipper issue.

:runninghorse2:...

·
Registered
49,553 Posts
I think they are called "Heritage" boots, by Ariat. they are super comfy . I think they come in both zip and tie.

·
Registered
602 Posts
If the zipper is sticky, then I would personally send them back before doing anything to them. It is possible that your particular pair is defective and I wouldn't want you to be stuck with them. The Ariat Heritage does come in a zip option, although the foot bed is a bit narrower than some other models. They are quite comfortable though. Mountain Horse makes a paddock zip boot too.

·
Super Moderator
12,914 Posts
I wonder if the high arch makes it impossible to zip. My mother has that problem and has not been able to find a zip boot that is comfortable. She stayed with lace up for that reason.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The hiking type boots by Ariat are called Terrains. They have several models, waterproof and non, zip and tie, etc. They're very popular among the endurance crowd as they are comfortable to walk and ride in all day! I have 2 pairs and my husband has one and we rarely ride in anything else! They don't have a thick tread and have a heel so you don't run into any stirrup problems! They look like hiking shoes though so if fashion is a concern you may get some looks!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Love my Ariat Terrains.

Never ride out wearing something you can't walk back in. Not that I have ever done that or anything...

Reactions: Avna
1 - 9 of 9 Posts