The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. So, i have my own horse, but my sister is looking for one. She rides western, but is starting to switch to english, so a horse that does both would be great. She wants to horse to be bewtween the ages of 4-8 and at least 15hh. She wants to start showing, so a trail horse isnt really ideal. We're open to any breeds, genders, and looks. Our price range is around 3000$-4000$. Let me know if anyone has a horse who fits this!

·
Registered
448 Posts
what state do you live in?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Omg! Contact SunshineMeadows, she's a member on here. She has a TB gelding who from what I understand would be a nice show horse. Definitely contact her. I live 20 minutes outside Edmonton so I can ask around in my horsie contacts. What kinda specifics do you want? Training level? What they're trained in specifically? What is she looking for in a horse?

·
Registered
13,266 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We dont really want to travel 4 hours away, something closer would be better. My sister is quite the rider. she has a great seat and it soft with her hands. She hasnt had much experience training horses, so she is looking for a horse fairly well broke. She wants to show western pleasure, but is also starting to show interest in jumping. A calmer horse would be better, as she does get nervous. As well, she wants a horse who can be her best friend, the horse she had was a total teddy bear and she loved him so much (we sold him because he was a little too high strung under saddle).

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Four hours for a good horse isn't a far travel. I drove from Alberta to Minnesota for mine. He could be worth looking at.

I've got several gorgeous prospects, but nothing started yet. Have you tried Kijiji.ca? There's usually a pretty good selection there.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Dreamhorse!! do they have dreamhorse for Canada??

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
oxer we do have dreamhorse for canada but whenever I get on they don't have much of a selection. Definitely definitely try kijiji.ca or equinenow.com

·
Registered
573 Posts
I live in your area! i personally found Horsetopia had a large selection ( i found my horse there). you could try that out =)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We've looked on every possible website, but most of the horses we find are either show horses who've never done anything else, or trail nags. Thats why ive started looking into breeding barns because most of thier horses are more well rounded.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Just checking back here, have you found what your looking for yet? If not can I have some details as to what you want. Me and my mom want to get rid of a horse, she says do it in summer after a few shows but I jsut want him gone now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.