The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Not horrible but the low is suppose to be 12 in a few days. It was 19 this morning.

·
Super Moderator
11,264 Posts
29 here F. Won't likely see that in our little micro climate but I won't be surprised to see those just above us see that or a little colder. If it gets that low there will be records broken for our area. If we do it will be the shortest span of time between record highs and record lows.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
12 degrees F in western MA at 1200 feet elevation, night before last. Short warming trend now, but due to plunge to new lows by Tuesday night. Set up the heated water buckets in the stalls yesterday as the 250 gallon stock tank's morning ice was too thick for the horses to break. Forgot about the henhouse water until now ...:frown:

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
18F right now....drops to -4F this evening...back up into the 50s by tuesday 😳

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
We had a couple of nights get down in the mid 20's last week but haven't had below freezing temps during daylight hours yet.

·
Super Moderator
9,648 Posts
It's cold. And damp. I know we hit -19F one morning, but it's mostly been single digits. Yesterday it got to 70* and right now a highway west of me is closed due to snow.

Couple more days of snow and it will get back up intro the 50s again. Pure silliness.

I will cheer for anyone else to win this contest!

·
Registered
792 Posts
-20C. Guess that's -4 in Freedom units.

wowa! That's cold! The coldest it ever got where I live was -15° celsius and that's very cold! I was really thinking about shooting a polar bear to make a jacket out of it. :p

Here it was 0°c this morning, that is freeze temperature (omg, my explanation is very clear again.) Frozen. Cold. White. Misty. :)

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
wowa! That's cold! The coldest it ever got where I live was -15° celsius and that's very cold! I was really thinking about shooting a polar bear to make a jacket out of it. :p

Here it was 0°c this morning, that is freeze temperature (omg, my explanation is very clear again.) Frozen. Cold. White. Misty. :)

Eh, really that's pretty average for here. 5 or 6 years ago we had a couple days of -60*C winds. I don't recall how cold it was without wind, but it was cold enough that the hoses in the heated barn froze. The horses only got a few hours of turnout that day. Lol.

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
Today our highs are in the mid 70's. Tomorrow it will be in the low 30's or high 20's and then a wind chill on top of it down to single digits (And that's the highs, not the lows). Tues morning we'll be down in the teens with wind chills on top of that. Then by Sat, we'll be in high 50's or low 60s. If you don't like the weather in OK, wait 5 mins, it'll change.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Well, we saw 0°F overnight last week, with daytime highs only making it into the low teens. The Critters were pleased with their turnouts :)
70°F at the moment, but NWS is calling for cold/chance_of_snow tonight and tomorrow, with lows ~20° and highs ~30°, which is all fairly typical for November around here. Back up to 60° by mid-week, and I promised my guys I would take them out for some fun in the sun to celebrate.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Wow, wait a minute, are you talking about -60° degrees celsius? That's insane! You must be living in Siberia or on the north pole :p
Jolien, our temperature scale is based on wine, whereas yours is water-based. I'm not sure what that says about our respective societies, but there you have it :-D

Reactions: Jolien

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Wow, wait a minute, are you talking about -60° degrees celsius? That's insane! You must be living in Siberia or on the north pole :p

Yes, Celcius. No, I don't live in Siberia. Lol. We just got unlucky. I think the actual temp was closer to -40*C, doesn't take much wind at those temps. Tried to back through and find when it was, found few dates that seem close. The records don't list wind chill temps tho.

Jolien, our temperature scale is based on wine, whereas yours is water-based. I'm not sure what that says about our respective societies, but there you have it :-D

Nah, I'm talking water. -60C is still -50F tho.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Today was and tomorrow is going to be beautiful! BUT the temps then drop on Tuesday... about to a low of 23 Degrees F brrrrr seems early this year and high of low 40's Wednesday and low 20's again that night. They had predicted snow for Tuesday night which is early for here but have since changed that to no snow.

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
Forecast as of this moment for my area of southern Middle Tennessee:

Monday = 63
Monday night = 21

Tuesday = 32 if we're lucky with pouring rain/sleet. blankets on horses this day.
Tuesday night = 16

Rest of the week = mid 40's to low 50's with night's mostly in the mid- 20's.

This is January weather for us, not at all normal for this time of year --- I left the OH/PA border to get away from this in November, lollol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts