The Horse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have loved stalking the foaling threads, so I thought that I would make one for Lucy. Lucy is an 8-year-old quarter horse. She’s my husband’s pride and joy.

She’s a very good ranch horse, and a pretty good cutter. She’s bred to a Playgun stud, who will hopefully compliment her cow skills.

Today she is 308 days. She tried to sluff the foal several times in the first trimester, and we ended up having to keep her out of work since then.
Horse Wheel Vertebrate Sky Working animal
Sky Horse Eye Working animal Liver

·
Premium Member
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you @dustyk! She does. She was a bit spicy the first couple years. She thinks she should be entitled to things, and is a very dressage like mover. She is the type still to spook over nothing occasionally, but when it comes down to actually needing to be focused and get a job done, she’s all there.

·
Premium Member
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you @Zimalia22! My husband found the stud. I didn’t know him at all, but seeing him in person he seemed like a really cool dude. They say his colts are very good minded and cowy. They also say he stamps them all with that fancy little face!

·
Premium Member
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
@dustyk it has been like that here too, and then today it is warm! Sometimes I don’t know what to think. You can’t stay acclimated to either when it keeps flip flopping! Yesterday morning was 14F and windy!

·
Premium Member
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thank you @Dreamcatcher Arabians! Maybe because I see her all the time I don’t notice much change. I do think her bag has filled out a bit more, but not really enough worth mentioning.

She has felt pretty miserable all along it seemed like. At around month four we had to quit using her. She would try and sluff the colt constantly after a work day, so she’s been laid off. She just hasn’t been a happy pregnant girl. I can relate, but I’ve felt guilty all along with her!

·
Premium Member
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
She is maiden @Dreamcatcher Arabians. She is also our first bred mare since we’ve been married. When I was young my father had a couple broodies, but I never paid any attention to them for some reason. Now it all feels so new! We tried getting a mare bred once before, but she never took.

Now we have Lucy and an accidentally bred filly. So, it feels like I am learning it all at once.

·
Premium Member
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thank you @lovetolope ! You’re not too late yet. There were still only 4 legs in her corral when we got home.

·
Premium Member
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
@Dreamcatcher Arabians June 1st was when they called her settled. She was there two weeks prior, but they short cycled her because we figured she was just coming out of heat when she arrived.

Reactions: gottatrot
1 - 20 of 107 Posts