The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My horse is on box rest, and i'm worried that as she's only a youngster still, she'll get bored out of her head and all wound up and stroppy, so my plan was to get her some stable toys.

Problem 1: I'm seriously skint and can't afford anything like that till about a week from now (payday lol)

Anybody got any good ideas how I could make my own stable toy from everyday objects?

Please even if you think your idea is stupid it could work so please help because I need something sorted this weekend.

Thankyouuu :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i read one online about getting an old milk bottle putting a few holes in it, putting some treats in it and hanging it up. i'm gonna see what she thinks about that one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Search other threads on this forum for similar posts.

^^bleach jug^^ Not on a string with about a one inch hole to release carrots, apples, peppermints, or hay cubes. Hanging with water or stones in it.

Dog Super Kong toy (black, heavy, hollow) with applesauce or peanut butter inside.

Carrot slices in the water bucket.

Slow feeder to slow her hay consumption. I use a small mesh hay net over a muck bucket. You can see it here:
Miller's / Dover / Smith Brothers - Paddock Paradise Wiki

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.