The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the solo grip mane pulling tool. I just ordered one. It makes the mane look pulled without the pain of the pulling the process. The unit looks like a comb and has a blade. Just wanted to know of anyone's prior experience with this product. It looks great to me. I hate pulling manes!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
It works to a point but it doesn't last..the cutting edge dulls after just a few uses (as in fully working the mane). When pulling a mane you actually take the entire hair shaft out...roots and all..or are supposed to. This keep the mane from getting thick at the top and thinner at the bottom. Since the solo comb actually cuts the hair shaft, you have to be careful to get it as close to the crest as possible (underneath) or you are going to have a thick short mane underneath at the base of the crest while the other part of the mane will be thinner. In other words, it can make the mane stick up depending on how the mane normally grows.

When using the solo comb you do the same thing when using a pulling comb. Grasp the longer hairs of the mane, comb the shorter hairs upward and then cut, again, as close to the base of the crest as you can get.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.