The Horse Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Depending on how much grain she ends up getting you may be able to cut back the RB a little.
We just started her on the Strategy HE, so we will see how she'll do. Like what has been said, she really isn't skinny so I don't see a point in rushing it. We'll gradually increase until we see what works. I don't want her to get too porky!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My gelding is also on a ration balancer. He needed something a little bit extra, but didn't need to be fed 5 pounds of hard feed. Rice bran works great for him. He's on 1-2 cups (depending on time of year), and he stays filled out. A 50 lb bag lasts me 4/5 months.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks!!

Of course with the addition of grain my mare almost killed me 3 times on trail the other day! The first time I came off in a controlled fashion. The second time a spook at a deer and again at a dog (**** thing looked more like a bear!) running the fence line. Maybe it just coincidence, but she was very spooky!

I think Im going to bump up the RB a little bit and ordered the cool calories for her. I don't think she'll need much, she's always been an easy keeper.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts