The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've decided to give my mare Venus away as I really need to cut down on horses.

Venus is a very nice 1995 registered TB mare. She is trained in dressage and jumping. Would make a great lower level eventer. I wouldn't call her a beginner horse but a confident novice shouldn't have any trouble. I've only been able to ride her about 5 times since I got her last fall and had no trouble. She even sidepasses with my weak calves but will probably need some tune up. She is perfectly sound and I put her on smartflex senior to keep her that way. Good hooves, trimmed natural barefoot. Bathes, clips, loads, and grooms with no issues.

She is a hard keeper. Right now on 8lbs Triple Crown Senior/ Legands Maturity (half and half) plus 2lbs Empower. This is a gaining ration though and I will soon be cutting back as she is filled out. Will get new pics/ video by the end of the week. Pic below is last fall.
I supplement her on Smartflex senior, u-gard, and Thyro-L (.25 tsp daily).

I will require references from farrier, vet, and/or trainer. She's a good mare and I want to see her go to a good home.

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
751 Posts
=( I'm too far. Would love to have her tho!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I LOVE her - would take her in a heartbeat but I am far away also (northern/central NC) :(
That's been my biggest problem. Everyone is too far away and the locals are all rodeo/ weekend trail riders. Probably would of had an easier time if I lived in Lexington area.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If she is still available at the end of November let me know! We are in the middle of moving right now but once we get settled I may be tempted to explore my options for transport... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.