The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is me and Sheena today. Havn't been able to ride much, but FINALLY i did! YAY!!! (excuse my face and my hands ((UGH!))...lol)

VB

Attachments

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
She is to cute! What breed is she?

·
Registered
333 Posts
She's cute.

That running martingale is way, WAY too short.

The martingale rings should be able to almost touch the withers when not in the reins.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if the running martingale was removed guarenteed she'd put her head up. The one she's using is mighty short. she is cute though.
acctually she dosnt put her head up with it off. I use it to get a little bit of extra collection.

·
Registered
333 Posts
That's NOT how you get collection.

That is incorrect use of the martingale. It should NEVER be used for attaining collection.

·
Registered
167 Posts
running martingales make the horse falsely round. I used to use one on my horse and after moving to a new barn and instructor found that I was doing it all wrong. I do not know your horse so your situation could be compleatly different. She is a really gorgeous horse! Good Luck with her :D

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks 5 furlongs
My trainer uses martingales, so i have been too, so my horse is trained like hers. She has really well trained horses. This may not be the way all of you ride your horse, but its the way i ride mine.
Thanks for all the nice comments.

Vanilla

·
Banned
593 Posts
All i can do is LOL. if you like choking your horse into a false stance thats your call. and you dont even have a breastplate on her you have it attached to the girth wich is why its so short.. bc its not on the right way. poor pony.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
^ I don't think there's any need to be rude about it..this is what she was taught to do by a professional who she respects.

But to the OP, I hope you will consider what's been said anyway. It truthfully is bad for the horse to be forced into a position by a short martingale in this manner. I'm sure your trainer is good at what she does but she can still be wrong about things here and there, no one is perfect.
I definitely don't want to be rude or anything and I know other people who commented don't either, but only have the horse's best interest in mind. It's just something to think about, but you are the owner.

She's a very pretty girl anyway =)

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i cant even post pics of my horse or do anything on here anymore without everyone freaking out and telling me how terrible i am and that im hurting my horse. like seriously, if I wanted everyones oppinion, i would ask. thank you for your concern but i can manage.

·
Banned
593 Posts
if you get that all the time dont you think you ARE doing something wrong.. hello wake up

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
All I will say is that a martingale should NEVER be used to change the horses headset - the ONLY purpose of a martingale is to give some purchase when the head comes up enough to threaten the persons face, i.e. being 'tossed' or 'thrown' up, and to stop the reins coming over the head in that situation.

They aren't bad in themselves, but just be aware that you are not using it for it's intended purpose.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
What a cutie! I love love love her color. Gotta love the chestnut mares!

Using the RM is fine (I use one sometimes too), just loosen it a bit :D

love your saddle too!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What a cutie! I love love love her color. Gotta love the chestnut mares!

Using the RM is fine (I use one sometimes too), just loosen it a bit :D

love your saddle too!
Now thats the way to tell me to loosen it! thanks! instead of telling me that im awful! i like you! lol!
i just got that saddle for christmas, i LOVE it!!!!! (Its a Wintec Close Contact....)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.