The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, our little medical tote has become too small for all of the stuff we now have (plus more on the way!). Any suggestions for a new container? I had been using a small size Noble Outfitters tote that I got free, but it's too small now, and the big one is expensive ($60).
https://www.amazon.com/NOBLE-OUTFITTERS-80015-Equinessential-Tote/dp/B00GD95A0C

Generally I believe in spending money to get quality, but I've spent so much money on "stuff" this month, that I'd probably rather get something cheap and easy. It would ideally store everything on one level so it's all acessible, and have a handle. And cost $20 or less, including shipping if I had to get it shipped. Any thoughts? If the big Noble Outfitters one were cheap, I'd get that.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I use a plastic tool box. Something like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-2...-with-Metal-Latches-in-Black-235580/302920708
I am sure there are different sizes and one could work for your needs.

I dislike totes, as I can't close them tightly and I don't want dust, seeds and whatever getting in there. In addition, once my betadine toppled over and leaked. Cleaning out a plastic shell is much simpler than any fabric. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
13,675 Posts
Look at a large fishing tackle box...
When you open the lid 3 layers of decent sized individual boxes and then a deep bottom section.
Several choices and styles to choose from depending upon your likes, wants, needs and how much emergent stuff you plan to put in the thing...
I don't carry everything in one place either...
Emergent is emergent and in one grab and run box...
Maintenance supplies is different...

You can also look at Home Depot or Lowe's for tool totes...storage pockets and deep bag for keeping numerous items...
Don't forget to check out Walmart as they have all kinds of totes for tools and gardening supplies.

:runninghorse2:...

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Score!
@SwissMiss I showed that picture to my husband, and he was like "I have one of those sitting unused in the garage right now." So price = free!

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts