The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were finally able to go and get my new girl yesterday! She is a registered quarter horse mare. 3 years old, not started and she is a beautiful palomino. Her registered name is Wrangles Kooler, and I decided to call her Promise, as a barn name...

Promise is VERY shy, and barely halter broke, she will lead once the halter is on... but getting the halter on, well lets just say I haven't been able to yet. I am slowly gaining her trust.

I have to go REALLY slow up to her side to be able to touch her, and when I do she freezes and puts up with it, or she will try and get away and stand on the other side of the pen and stare at me until I move.

Promise is very curious and she wants to come to me, but is afraid, so we are working on that. This is part of the reason I decided to take her home... because she doesn't trust people, and Breeze was like that, and Breeze and I have a great bond, so I would like to try and do that again. So until I have catch her, lead her, etc, I will be the only one working with her, going in her pen, feeding (except in mornings, when my boss feeds her hay before I get there.

Anyways, here are some pictures!

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
she is cute. congrats on your purchase.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
199 Posts
Such a gorgeous girl, update us!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
She is SO pretty! You will not have any trouble catching her in a few days. She looks so sweet, and I love the name Promise.

Nancy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.