The Horse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo Scout had his surgery and is recovering well, but he won't be rideable for quite some time. I had been considering another horse anyway and decided now was the time. I searched tons and actually went to ride a few. None were impressive, and some of you may have heard but one place was downright disgusting...
Well I saw an ad for Red and figured I'd give it a shot even though he's 2 1/2 hours away. Turns out it was so worth it. I went to meet him and fell in love. He's got a great disposition and very level-headed.
He's an 8 year old OTTB who is now an event horse. He's almost 16.3 and a lover-bug. The PPE went very well and Vet said he was a great horse, especially for the price. He's coming home tomorrow!
Sorry some are not the greatest...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
He's handsome! And I love his name.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
What a kind face. I'd love to know what he's being fed. I would kill to have my OTTB looking that plump. Congrats on your new boy.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! He's on Sentinel LS, I'm not sure how much he's fed though.

A lot of the plumpness is from muscle, too. He's an eventer and they do lots of conditioning!

·
Registered
430 Posts
He is gorgeous, even from the blurry photos. Congratulations :) Post some better photos when you get him home and settled so we can all "Aww" over him!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aw thanks! Even my boyfriend thinks he's handsome, and he's not too fond of horses LOL. I'm on the way to get him now! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I can see why your in love! he's absolutely gorgeous!!! have fun with him! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Awww hes GAWJUSSSS!!! He looks a bit like Secretariat!! Whats he like to ride??

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SEEEE! I've been saying this and everyone thinks I'm crazy!! He's great!! He's got a large stride, so it's much different from my short lil choppy Appy's gait...but his canter is to die for. Soo smooth and lovely. He's just a great boy all round.
Of course he had to roll immediately after I cleaned him up....

meeting the minis next to him

1 - 13 of 13 Posts