The Horse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Mel! He's a Friesian cross that lives pretty close to my new barn. I've been looking for a horse to buy and came across him. He's such a sweetheart! I love him dearly, but....his name is Melon. Haha. I've been trying to think of better names for him, but i am stumped! So if you have any idea what so ever, they're all appreciated. Thanks in advance! Oh, and incase this helps, we do dressage:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I dont know, I think Melon is a pretty good name. :p

He looks like a pretty boy, do you have any full body shots?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha thanks! I will have some body shots tomorrow:)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Mel is an excellent name! (says the girl named Melanie) ;)
He's handsome!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
lol...I would not be one to stick to "melon" myself BUT mel is fantastic name. Great ring to it. Definitely want to see some pics of him. So have you decided to buy him then?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol...I would not be one to stick to "melon" myself BUT mel is fantastic name. Great ring to it. Definitely want to see some pics of him. So have you decided to buy him then?

No, I haven't decided to buy him yet. He's one of my two best options though, so I was just brainstorming ideas for names. Mel is kind of growing on me, but maybe a different show name? I don't know, Melon just makes me think of my horse as a cantaloupe....haha:)

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
He looks very pretty! I think his name is cute :]]

I've been waiting for a new horse to come to the stables I work at that would fit the name "Casanova."

Try using Google. That's how I picked out my dogs' names.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ahhh, he's gorgeous! I love Friesians <3

My name's Melissa, but I never really liked the name "Mel" or anything, so I know how you feel. How about something fancy since you'll be doing dressage? Like:
Zephyr
Glower
Autumn Breeze
Ooh La La
Wintersong
Dazzling Drifts

Orrr something shorter & cutesy like:
Jester
Charm
Tango
Diablo

Hope that helped some & good luck in your horse search!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
He's darling! I think the name Mel suits him. I do love the choices Casanova and Zephyr.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
No, I haven't decided to buy him yet. He's one of my two best options though, so I was just brainstorming ideas for names. Mel is kind of growing on me, but maybe a different show name? I don't know, Melon just makes me think of my horse as a cantaloupe....haha:)
:lol: that made me giggle. I'm sure there are some great names online, you just need to do some more brain storming. Also I think meeting him and spending more time with him would help you decide of a name.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:lol: that made me giggle. I'm sure there are some great names online, you just need to do some more brain storming. Also I think meeting him and spending more time with him would help you decide of a name.
He's been at my barn for a few days so I have had a chance to get to know him better:)

Guess what! I think we settled on a name: Melvin:) I think Melvin fits him :D

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
He's been at my barn for a few days so I have had a chance to get to know him better:)

Guess what! I think we settled on a name: Melvin:) I think Melvin fits him :D

Haha! That's so cute! I love it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts