The Horse Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
After many years of pulling when I did H/J, I finally have one with a long mane......but I have also learned from one of the top reining barns, that if you actually trim the bottom with scissors **GASP** it makes it grow nice and thick, as well as neaten it up a bit. So, I trim it carefully, then just go down the mane with the scissor tips cutting very tiny criss-crosses in the ends to make it so it doesn't look just straight blunt cut. More natural. I am not good with the razor thingys smrobs referred to......same idea. But-I also bang his tail........its a reining thing, I guess, but sure seems thicker.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Franknbeans I love the look of a tail that is banged! Ill have to try the scissor thing on the bottom of the mane too!

·
Registered
15,433 Posts
Why does someone always have to point out that someone's horse is 'a little skinny' or 'needs more weight on it' without finding out the facts first?? There might be a wide variety of reasons why a horse may be underweight you know... Plus, this thread was about long manes, not horses weight. End rant.
Posted via Mobile Device
The thread was about your horse and his beautiful mane, so other horses are a sideline.In this case there no criticism given or implied, it was just an opinion passed, and I agree the horse looks a bit ribby. It doesn't look falling down dead thin, I have no idea if that one pic gives a true impression, but again, you post a pic people are going to make a comment. Anything from pretty horse, nice color, lovely mane, I dont usually like **** but I like yours.

People look at mine and usually say pretty but too fat, it's an opinion, nothing else.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts