The Horse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel very, very proud of myself. For the past two days, I’ve been working on my horses Christmas present. Yesterday I worked about four hours in 45 degree weather. Today, I worked a little over an hour and a half in 47 degree weather. I dug foot and a half deep holes with a regular shovel and a pick-axe because I couldn’t figure out who in my family had the post-hole diggers. I drug cut down trees out of the pasture. I drug metal pipes out of the pasture. I wired. I sawed. I’m sore in my lower back and my arms and fingers hurt. And I finally got it finished today. My horses better love me for what I did for them.

I made them ‘feeding stalls’ for Christmas.

They’re made out of wood, PVC pipes, metal rods, side-paneling, wire, and leather strips. They’re not the best in the world, or the prettiest... nor are they probably the sturdiest, but they’ll work and I’m proud of them. The paneling looks odd, but I didn’t want our barbed wire fence to be right there waiting for one of my horses to get tangled up, so I put the paneling in front of the barbed wire.

The present... standing very innocently...

What is THAT!?

It ain’t gonna eat me... is it?

This isn’t so bad...

Hey! No fair! There’s no feed in here and Gypsie has grass in hers!

You can let us out now.

No, really... you can let us out. There’s really no need to keep us in jail.

Let. Me. Out.

Leave me alone so I can go be emo in the corner.

Aw, it’s not that bad. *Nom, nom...*

Yeah... I’m not so sure about this... are you positive it won’t eat me?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Lovely! And you did a great job, and I think it doesn't even look half as bad as you claimed it to be :D
Looks like they like it too ^_^
A great job!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I really like it...
It's gonna make feeding a lot easier...

My mare is fine with it... my gelding, on the other hand, is still a little hesitant. He's not sure about just walking in and out. After feeding today, I was leading him out with just his halter and he reared up about two feet off the ground to try and jump over the pvp pipe and tree from the ground (after I'd already put it all down on the ground so he could walk out easily) but I pulled him back down and then he walked out ok. He's just got to get used to it, I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts